Duration: Full day (08:30 to 17:30)
Price: 50 Euro (per person)
After pick up from hotel or Istanbul cruise port, we will begin guided tour.
We start visiting the Museum of Turkish and Islamic Art; the dark stone building that was the home of the Museum of Turkish and Islamic Art was built in 1524 by the Grand Vizier to Suleyman the Magnificent, Ibrahim Pasa, as his house. Today it makes a magnificant collection of ceramics, metalwork, miniatures, calligraphy, textiles, and woodwork as well as some of the oldest carpets in the world.
Afterwards we will visit the Imperial Sultanahmet Mosque; across Hagia Sophia stands with six minarets, constructed between 1609 and 1616 , the building is more familiarly known as the Blue Mosque because of its magnificent interior paneling of blue and white Iznik tiles.
The next stop is Rustem Pasha Mosque: It was decorated by Mimar Sinan ("Sinan the Architect") for Grand Vizier Rüstem Pasha . Its building took place from 1561 to 1563. The mosque is famous for its marvelous Iznik tiles, set in beautiful floral and geometric designs, which cover not only the facade of the porch but also the mihrab, minbar, walls, and columns. Lunch in a fine Kebap Restaurant near by Rustem Pasha Mosque.
Depart from Rüstem Pasha Mosque to Eyup where the first mosque done after the Ottoman conquest of the city, this greatly venerated shrine attracts many pilgrims. The great Mosque of Eyup which stands outside the city walls, near the Golden Horn, the standard bearer of the Prophet Mohammed, died in the Islamic assault on Constantinople in A.D. 670 will be our next spot. Drive to Pierre Loti for a Turkish Coffee with the birds eye view of the Golden Horn.
We will give an end the day with a visit to Miniaturk Cultural Park, where models of architectural masterpieces showing the Anatolian and Ottoman civilizations are exhibited, gives a chance to see a historical visit to Turkey in one compact area. Models of more than 100 historical works,covering the Library of Celsus at Ephesus, the Malabadi Bridge, Bursa's Ulu Mosque, Mescid-i Aksa,the Tomb of Mevlana, the Church of St. Antoine, the Ottoman galley Bastarda built in 1657, Ataturk's boat, the Yerebatan Cistern, Mardin stone houses, Cappadocian Peri bacaları (fairy chimneys), Ataturk's mausoleum, Aspendos, Hagia Sophia and the Maiden's Tower will be visited one single place. After seeing Bosphorus Bridge you can also visit the Minyatürk that shows the specific places in Turkey.
After the tour, you will be transferred back to the hotel or Istanbul cruise port.
Please take note of the following:
* 30% discount for children below the age 7, free for the ages 0-2
* Clothing: Entrance to Mosques visited in our tours is not allowed to gentlemen and ladies with no proper outfit.
* Friday pray willbe done at Blue Mosque on request
* You are kindly requested to present your self at the pick up point 15 minutes prior the pre advised pick up time.
* Smoking is not permitted but all tours make frequent stops.
* Pick up and drop off at your Hotel or Cruise Port
* Transportation by air-conditioned non-smoking tour coaches
* Professional Guide licensed by the Ministry of Tourism
* All entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museums, parking and road tolls
* Lunch at local restaurant (drinks extra)
* Local taxes